I wanted to be dramatic and call this something like ‘5 things keeping me afloat rn’ or, dare I say, ‘5 things keeping me happy rn’, but meh. It’s a list of things that make me smile. And since I don’t know how short or long it’s going to be each week, I even dropped the number.
- My phone charger. It’s got a schematic portrait of an Iron Man on it. I picked it up in Egypt. It’s yellow, and red, and has a flat cable that doesn’t knot. It makes me smile.
- My father coming to visit. Transnistria was sensible enough to
release its prisonersopen the borders for its citizens to freely travel to the right bank of the Dniestr to be able to partake in the presidential election. So this is the second time I’ve seen my father since 29 February 2020. It made me smile.
- Partaking in said presidential election. Vote, motherfuckers. I have a right to it, and I execute that right every time like a responsible citizen. To which end, I have no idea, but that’s a story for another day, and certainly a differently themed list.
- Finally sitting down to publish the first post here. There’s hope for me yet.
- Having chicken drumsticks all marinated and ready to go in the fridge. Making dinner will be a breeze tomorrow night.
What’s on your list?